Monday, January 05, 2009

and they call me tittie boone.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Clearly, there is a lack of propriety, disrespect for womankind, and anti-feminist messaging radiating from this moniker.

But I think it may grow on me. Inappropriate IS kinda what we do best...sigh.

Speaking of my new last name:

I FINALLY GOT RID OF THE LATE GRANDMOTHER-IN-LAW'S HUGEMONGOUS CHINA CABINET FROM 1992. Thank you, Angelique, for needing an entire cabinet system in your kitchen. Now I can get my late grandmother's simple & tiny 50's china cabinet that works with my tiny house & decor a little better, as long as you ignore all the decor from above-mentioned late-grandmother-in-law's home that I accidentally asked for, hoping for something really awesome AND trying to be accomodating to my new family who seemed to want us to ask for it. That was very dumb of me, and I have reaped many helpings of shit upon myself for it. Or at least, I handed the ladle to my step-mother-in-law and let her do it, because it's clearly one of her favorite activities, as a retiree. She's the "pissing on your parade" type of woman; I try to give her a chance to do so regularly. My selfishness and untrustworthiness was hooted far & wide in my new fam. She tried (and accomplished) to stop my attempts at a garage sale, threatening to come root around in it for her husband's mothers' treasure which I was obviously tossing without my poor husbands complicity.

Plastic "wood-look-alike" wall clock, anyone? anyone? still got it... no one wanted it!
Needlecraft framed art - one of a bible verse and one of some fruit.
Plastic Santa statuette.
Stained tablecloths in early-90's mulberry & navy tones.
Threadbare $4 blankets in a variety of sixties puke, oops I meant puce tones

Seriously, we kept a lot of things, things we do not need or necessarily want - but that we felt we outght to keep. We found some really cool stuff too, and do treasure it.

Anyways,

This post has made me miss my husband. Also, scaring myself shitless reading a Nora Roberts trilogy book last night about demons with red eyes also made me miss my husband last night, since he makes me feel safe and I rarely have nightmares when he's in our bed. It did not help that I had turned on the space heater and in the dark, the two red light appeared to be two red eyes when I was laying down. Yes, I convinced myself I was warm enough and turned it off. What do you expect when Nora Roberts books scare me????

No comments: