Friday, January 09, 2009

Big chain grocery stores.

[shiver.] Bright lights, frustrated children, creative packaging raking my eye across every item, it drives me to distraction. I love it so much I hate it. Nutrition & ingredient lists to pour over... mourning the loss of my favorite salsa (East Side Cafe) and trying to remember if I've had [Jose, Clint, Juanita - enter any name here]' s Fire-Roasted ______ Salsa before and hated it... choosing an Activia flavor for the week. I can spend 10 minutes on this question alone: am I feeling like Kix, Museli or Cheerios? Ach. John doesn't love this. Either he drops me off at the "glitter & makeup aisle" where I spend 20 minutes looking for that must-have item I'll never wear, or I pry 1/3 of the list out of his [unwilling] palm and I have a mission to beat his time on gathering the other 2/3 or he's going to get a little stern with me. Mostly, he tries to go without me. He'd rather buy my tampons than have to wonder where I am while he stands with an armful of groceries for 15 minutes letting others go ahead of him. (I'm probably in the salad dressing aisle, trying to choose between vinaigrettes.)

My favorite Small Grocery Store:
Sun Harvest off Anderson Ln

My favorite Big Grocery Store, + only place John buys fresh meat:
Central Market

My MOST HATED Grocery Store:
HEB on Burnet Rd. - you suck! I only go to you out of convenience since you are three blocks from my hizzle.

My favorite Grocery Store when I was young + single + bra-less:
HEB on Red River near 45th

:)

2 comments:

Michael said...

Hiya!

Thanks for joining my blog as a "follower". Unfortunate term maybe, but what can you do. I've decided to return the favour and look forward to checking out your updates. Are any of your modeling shots online?

moi said...

I think I"ll be "jumping in" and posting the few nudes that I have in my possession on my blog here shortly. I keep meaning to begin a web page, it has been back-burnering for years. Thanks for the encouragement! I really love your page.